Monday 25 March 2013

One Black Night


My heart was almost thumping. It was about to bump out of my body. All my effort to make it calm was just a waste. It’s just that I was managing to walk, not properly though. My legs were walking but heart was saying to fly out from this place as soon as possible.  But nothing was in control. Neither my feet nor the heart. Everything was racing. Everything seems to be breaking.
Was it true what I just saw? Or, it was just a dream? No answer I had. I didn’t even want to turn and confirm what it was. Nor I had that much of energy left in me to do so.
Better it was a dream, if it was. Otherwise I could have broken into pieces and fell down on the same road. I pinched myself to confirm this time. No. I wasn’t sleeping. This was not just a dream. I was in all senses but still senseless. My eyes were open but it was dark all over. I was walking. No, I was almost running on that empty dark road. All scared of loosing myself. Scared of loosing my life. I didn’t want to loose it anyway.
I heard it again. The same voice shouted my name again. I felt like the foot steps were coming nearer with every passing second. And this was the heights of my patience. It broke and I felt like someone has taken away every drop of blood from my body. My legs refused to walk. My heart forgot to beat. I got freeze. I am no more, I thought. May be the last thought of my life it was. I was almost dead when I felt a hand on my shoulder. And the same voice again. I fell down and lost my sense.
When next I opened it. I found myself in bed. I was in my bed and she was there in front of me. My friend sikha she was. A lot of make up was there on her face which was making her presentable at least.
She said she got me last night from the road. Wait! Was that she? I got scared of her or the ghost? May be she was? Anyway without makeup she was not less than a ghost. I felt to laugh on my own stupidity. But I didn’t do it. I looked at her again and remembered the last night. A smile ran over my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment