Tuesday 23 April 2013

My marriage: A rumour.

Funny things keep happening with me always. And I enjoy it always, no matter it's in my favor or not. Most of the time it opposes me. However it is the part and parcel of the game and I don't complain it.
Anyway, it is about the latest funny incident. Believe me, its really funny. Few days ago an old man approached my home. I was not present there then. He introduced himself as a father while he looked like a grandfather. Now the joke starts. He was a father of a daughter and he was on a visit to my place for a 'Rishta'. When he said the related words, my father was in a funny sock. And other members of the family were hardly controlling their laughter. I couldn't have controlled if present though. The old man wanted to arrange my wedding to his daughter. And he wanted to see me.
"How do you know my son?" my father asked him. And the old man took a name which was hard to believe. Anyway the conversation went on like this.
"Okay, my son is actually not in the town. So tell me what do you want to know about him."
"There is nothing to ask as the relation is suggested by Raman babu. I just wanted to see your son and finalise everything." what a confident person he was.
"But I have something to tell you. Everything should get clear before we go ahead with it."
He looked with a bit confused eyes.
"My son does nothing. And he doesn't have a plan to do something meaning ful in near future. Apart, he is a wasted poet and an author too...." And he kept on counting the bad points about me to avoid this situation. The old man had the look of wonder in his eyes.
"But we heard that your son is in government service as told by Raman babu."
"Sorry, you have mis heard it." My dad said.
"No problem, we can wait for him. We are in no hurry." what he was? He wanted to tie his daughter to an unemployed person?
"Look Shyam babu, I don't want to hurt you but the fact is, we can't decide anything about my son. He has strictly asked me to not to look for anyone. And last, he is not yet matured to get married. So, you can look for a better groom around." Finally he went. And my sister called me to tell this. I couldn't stop my laughter. Nor she could. I mean, I am still only 23 and they want me to get married. And get married to a girl whom I don't even know. Strange it is.
And by the way, I don't believe in arranged marriages in todays world. It doesn't have any meaning. May be only I think this way, but love come arrange is the best possible option available.
"Aur Waise v, main shayar hu aur shayar arrange marriages to nai karte hain. Hum shayar to mohabbat karte hain. Main alag nahi hu."

No comments:

Post a Comment