Saturday 8 September 2012

And I resigned.

Destiny, some people don't believe in such words and some do. But sometimes or the other destiny play such games that we have to walk on the which destiny chose for us anyway.
I never believed that such things exist in this busy competitive world. I always did what was decided by some people. I never had a choice to listen to my heart or to think by myself. In school days always busy with the classes and the books. A boring kid I was who never played, never talked, never smiled may be. And to girls, never gave them a look. I was afraid of them may be.
All the hard work with books paid of and I got another four years to spent with books and experimentation in IIT. Result favored me and I was getting a six digit salary from an MNC. I was getting everything for which a middle class Indian wish for. But something very important was missing in my life. The smile, I forgot when I laughed last time. I was still a boring person. A person without a friend and time for the family. Always got complaint from mom dad and my younger sister. I never had a time for them to talk and to sit with them. Can't help me anyway. 14 hours of work almost. And after such a tiring day less energy to do some other things. I was having a life of slave.
I never dreamt. Never had a goal in my life. I just carried on doing what I was said. Good grades for good salary. Never got time for myself. I kept on working and achieving for the company without any complaint.  But I was certainly not enjoying it.
32 years of age and not any attended party in my list. A lot of times thought to run away from everything and live a life the way I want to but I was not that lucky to listen my heart. I was tired from this life. The life in which I always missed. I was just alive nOt living.
One morning I got a bit early for my office, left the car at home. On the way , I saw a happy couple. I wished a life like that. I wished that some one loves me and always be by my side. I saw some kids playing. I never did that. I was getting jealous of those kids. Every little thing was laughing on me I felt. Every one was making a joke on me.
Why I can't be the part of this smiling world. Why i cant be happy. Why can't I Do something for myself. Why cant i have some friends. Why can't i spent time with my loving family.
I decide for the first time. Just for myself. I listened to my heart for the first time. I wrote a letter and reached my office, first time I was late. Directly went to the boss' cabin. Before he could scold me for coming late, I placed the letter on his desk. That was my resignation. I got out of the office feeling a lot better.
There are a lot of people who dont get a chance to smile for some or the other reason. I made my goal to spread some smile. To make some people happy. I wanted to learn how to live a life.
I smiled and put a step forward towards the happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment